Friday, October 5, 2012

CAKE!!!

That's right-- CAKE!!  Now that I have your attention, let me tell you a little about the layout I'd like to share with you today.  My mom's birthday is in July and my daughter's birthday is in August.  With the family schedule, we couldn't get everyone together for my mom's birthday until August 4th.  Since my daughter's birthday was the following weekend, we had the bright idea of doing a "double" party so that the family wouldn't have to travel two weekends in a row.

Once the party plans were in place, we decided that these two special ladies needed an extra special cake!  My daughter LOVES to watch the cake shows on TV.  So, we found an amazing cake decorator in the area and shared the idea of a two sided cake!  If you looked at the cake from one side, it was "Elizabeth's cake" and represented the things she loves:  bright colors, PURPLE and peace signs.  And, if you looked at the other side of the cake, it was "Mom's Cake" decorated with things she loves: her garden and her Yorkie, Gizmo!

And, of course, this extra special cake needed a layout all to itself!  I used the Jillibean Soup Coconut Lime Soup collection (available at A Walk Down Memory Lane)!


I really wanted to include a photo taken from the top of the cake, but the size of the photo that I had printed didn't work with the layout that I had put together.  So, I decided to hide the photo!  I used one of the journaling spots as a pull tab so that you can just pull the photo out to see it!

And, here's a photo of the layering, the journaling and the title! 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We LOVED the cake and hope you like it, too!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!