Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Despicable Card...

Hey, there everyone!  Here's a card I shared a few weeks ago on the AWDML Blog.  I'd planned to get a better photo of it, but SOMEONE took it to work and TACKED it to the bulletin board.  So, well... I'm just glad he liked it enough to do that.  I'll take it as a compliment!  ;)

Today I have a super fun card to share that could be used in any number of ways… party invitations, thank you cards, just-to-make-you-smile cards, anything!

The Minions have taken over my house…and no, I’m not talking about my children. We’re talking about the ones from the uber popular movie “Despicable Me.” With the new movie just now hitting the theaters, my kids are watching them on YouTube and giggling and their silly antics all while begging us to take them to the movies.

So, inspired by my own silly minions, I was inspired to get out my circle dies and punches and create a fun Minion of my own!

 
Isn’t he SUPER cute?! My card base is a 4 1/2″ by 12″ strip of kraft paper folded in half. My yellow cardstock is 4″ wide and I traced my largest Nestibilities Circle Die to create the rounded top. I used the same set of dies to create the eye and the “glasses.” I used a circle punch to create the iris and pupil of his eye and to create his silly grin. I cut very thin strips of black to create his hair and adhered it to the back of his head with my tape runner. Since the paper is so thinly cut, it’s easy to shape it into the direction you want it to go.

The best part about this card? It was created with ALL scraps!

Now, you’re asking yourself, “What would I do with a cute Minion card?” Well, there’s lot’s of posibilities….
–a themd kids’ birthday party invitation
– a Thank You card… “What would I do without YOU as my Minion?”
–a get well card… “Ma-na-ba-ba-woo-woo means Get Well Soon”
– a belated birthday card… “I’m Despicable for forgetting your birthday.” (Give your minion a sad smile for this one!)
– How about a baby card…. “Congratulations on the arrival of your new little Minion!”

The possibilities are truly endless with this little guy! Have fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you're inspired to let the Minions take over your scrappy space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!