Monday, June 17, 2013

An Amazing Opportunity!!


I'm beyond excited to share that I was asked to be on the Cycling Team for Little Yellow Bicycle's Poppy Collection.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this collection!  The papers, the embellishments-- EVERYTHING!  Today I get to share my layouts on the LYB Blog and I'm super excited to share them here, too!  
My first layout features my sweet Goldendoodle, Duffy.  We’ve had a very rainy spring and since he likes to play in the mud, we don’t usually let him out to “play” when it’s so wet and he gets very, very sad.  One day, he looked especially pathetic staring out the window and my camera just happened to be nearby, so I got out the camera and the kids and I laughed while trying to figure out what he was thinking.  The “5 things” embellishments worked perfectly to remember the moment!
I used some alpha stickers from my stash to put a few words that we thought Duffy might be thinking about:
And, to create the look of a rainy day, I added some raindrops to my layout using some clear, wet glue.  When it dries, it adds some fun dimension and looks just like raindrops!
LYB Products:
PY-103 Springtime Bands/Aqua Chevron
PY-104 Poppy Field Damask/Aqua Script
PY-106 Blooms & Damask/Yellow Pinstripe
PY-308 5 Things Envelopes - with embossing (11 pieces)
PY-135 Cardstock Stickers - Favorite Pieces - with glitter and embossing (29 pieces)
PY-305 Paper Crafting Kit (73 pieces)
PY-220 Fabric Favorites (18 pieces)
AS-110 Burlap Alphas - Esfera

My next layout features my little girl who LOVES to go to the beach!  It doesn’t matter what kind of day it is, she’s always happy to play in the sand and water.  She can just play and play and play and always has fun!
I am absolutely LOVING the Naturals products from LYB—especially the alpha stickers!  The fonts are fabulous and the texture that they ad is fantastic.  Here, I used some of the white stickers and colored them with an alcohol ink marker.  This way, the color options are endless and you can make them match any project!  I love it when I can buy one product over and over and make it look a million different ways!
Poppy Canvas Words

The Poppy Collection also includes some fantastic journaling cards!  They are a perfect size and have such cute shapes and designs on them.  
LYB Products:
PY-106 Blooms & Damask/Yellow Pinstripe
PY-101 Garden Journal/Red Pinstripe
PY-102 Red Floral Fabric/Spring Blooms
PY-104 Poppy Field Damask/Aqua Script
PY-105 Garden Stripe/Flower Power
PY-108 Green Script/Yellow Parchment
PY-134 Journaling Cards - with thermography (10 pieces)
PY-135 Cardstock Stickers - Favorite Pieces - with glitter and embossing (29 pieces)
PY-305 Paper Crafting Kit (73 pieces)
PY-279 Chipboard Shapes - with glitter accents (29 pieces)
PY-202 Canvas Stickers - Words (17 pieces)
AS-211 Canvas Alphas - White, Esfera

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Thank you, also to Liz Qualman and the rest of the LYB gang for this incredible opportunity!  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nik! A well deserved opportunity. Love your style and all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! The layouts are lovely, Nik!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!