Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beautiful Girl

Hey, there everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that was featured on the AWDML blog last week!

Today I want to share a fun sketch from our Pinterest board and the layout that I created with it. First of all here’s the sketch by the fabulously talented Pamela Young from Pamela’s World of Scrap.
And, here’s my layout featuring the new Lily Bee collection called Sweet Shoppe. It’s a great collection full of wonderful colors and super cute patterns! It’s going to be one of my go-to summer collections, for sure!

One of the things that I love about sketches is how you can use it exactly, or not. I often start using the sketch pretty exactly, and then make small changes along the way. You can see that I stuck pretty close to the sketch here, but made a few adjustments to make it work for me. I moved the title and the journaling. I chose to use a large pleated flower in place of the butterflies from the sketch. I also added the date into the upper right hand corner. Lastly, you can see that I created a large (yellow) mat for the layout elements to sit on. For me, it helped to pop everything off the page.


Here’s a close-up of the cardstock alpha stickers that are a part of the collection, and the pleated flower that I made. I just love the pop of pink!

And, here’s a peek at the journaling:

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the sketch and my layout!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!