Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas Morning

Hey, there everyone!  Here's a quick article I shared in this week's AWDML newsletter.  If you'd like to be getting these newsletters full of inspiration and prodcuts, just click HERE!

 A really popular technique to use when you would like a page to come together quickly is "blocking." Blocking is when you use blocks of color or patterned paper to balance your design. When creating a scrapbook page, the photo(s) would be included as one (or several) of the blocks. There are many, many examples of this technique available for inspiration. 

For my layout, I used a very simple, but very obvious blocking design.

 
The red block of paper is the same size as my photo in order to create balance. The journal cards are smaller than the other blocks but balance eachother in the design.
 

I used quite a few of the stickers from the collection, along with some foam tape to create dimension on the page. On this photo, you can also see the beautiful script for the title cut from Memory Box dies.

Here, you can see the "Nice List" featuring everyone in our family (including the dog) using some of the alpha stickers included with the collection.


 
 
And, finally the journaling block with the tree. I added the "merry memories" stickers for balance and dimension.
 
I definitely suggest trying out some blocking when you would like to create a fun, simple and quick page!
Products Used:
Patterned Papers and Stickers: Simple Stories December Documented
Stickers: Thickers
Adhesives: Sco th Quick Dry Glue and Best Creations Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my layout and that you might consider trying this technique out!  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!