Saturday, June 30, 2012

Berry Picking!

This is my layout that is shared on the Momenta Blog today!

Hey, there everyone!  It's that time of year-- Strawberry Season! It's always one of our first "summer activites" after school lets out. We are lucky enough to have a huge strawberry farm just minutes from home. This year was a tricky season for the strawberry farmers and they had to close down the picking for a few days to let the berries ripen a little more. I knew it was going to be crazy busy on Sunday when they re-opened. I woke up early, ready to go! We arrived at the field at 6:45am with our boxes and there were already LOTS of people there! I was sure we'd be the only ones crazy enough to be there that early! The picking was great and by 8:30am we were home with 20 quarts of berries! Then we started jam production... but that will be a different layout!

For today's layout, I wanted to scrap our strawberry picking tradition. I scrap it every year, so it's a challenge to have the layouts not all look the same. I wanted to use the current trend of flags and banners along with the bright colors of Momenta's vacation collection.


Here's a closeup of the title work using some of Momenta's awesome stickers! I love how versatile these are! They stick so well, but are also easy to move around if they need to be shifted without ruining the paper! Because the word "strawberry" was so long, I decided to use some smaller stickers turned sideways for "straw" so that the title wouldn't overwhelm the page.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired and that your summer is off to a great start!

Momenta Products Used:
PA-2389: Vacation Pyramid Pad
SP-4826: Puffy Black Lowercase Alpha Stickers
ST-2561: Pure Puffy Polkadot Alphabet Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!