Friday, April 19, 2013

Don't Judge a Collection by its Theme!

Hey, everyone!  This layout just went out as a part of the A Walk Down Memory Lane newsletter!  (Just click HERE to subscribe!)  In my article, I challenged scrappers not to judge a collection by it's theme!  Today I used Imaginisce's Good Dog collection to create a baseball layout.  Even though the "A" sides of the papers in this collection are chock full of super cute dog themed words and images, the "B" sides are made up of wonderful solids, dots, chevrons, stripes and more! 

I used a sketch by Valerie Salmon for Basic Grey for this layout:

Here's a close-up the mix of alpha stickers I used for the title!

Here's an up-close look at the journaling strips.  I love to mat my journaling strips so that they pop of the page and draw in the eye.

And, here's a look at my star cluster.  I actually struggle with creating clusters of stars.  It took me a while to figure out what didn't look "right" to me.  I found that I need to make sure that all of the points of each star must be visible in order for it to look "right."  What do you think?

By looking at this layout, you probably never would have guessed that it's created from a dog-themed collection!  So, use your imaginiation!  Look at the "B" sides of the papers and see what else you can do!  Can you make a beach layout using Christmas papers?  Can you make a baby layout using footbal papers?  Sure you can!

The sketch for this challenge also happens to be the sketch used in the April sketch challenge at Birds of a Feather.  Amy has some wonderful challenges posted!  You can check them out HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you were inspired and that you'll come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome baseball page! Never would have known there was a woof, woof on the other side of those fun prints. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. grateful baseball page. love it

    thank you,
    http://moviethandura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!