Sunday, February 16, 2014

Loving the BOAF February Kit!

Hey there, everyone!! Here's the post I have up on the BOAF Blog today!

 I'm so excited to finally share my first projects with the incredible February kit! It's so full of incredibly beautiful papers and embellishments! I wouldn't call it a Valentine theme... I'd call it a LOVE theme! I've really enjoyed cutting into it and playing!


Usually I share my layout first, but today I want to share my card first! I knew that I really wanted to feature one of the awesome doilies, so I started with one of those as my center. Then, I added a few layers and used one of the sweet wood pieces from the extra embellishments as my sentiment. I dabbed a little pink ink on it to make it match the card a bit better. I love that the card has so much dimension and that it can be used for a number of different occasions (wedding shower, valentine, baby girl...).


And now for my layout. I wanted to create a layout with another of the photos of my grandparents. We estimate that this photo was taken around 1959 or 1960. I love how the black and white photo works with the pinks and reds of the papers. Oh, and I used the sketch that is part of one of the challenges of our crop that's going on right now!



Here's a closeup of the center portion of the layout. The flower is from last year's February kit, I believe! I love how the blingy swirls work with it. I acutally cut the swirl in half and added a space in the middle of it (under the flower) so that it would work better with the size of the flower. You can see that I also used another fabulous doily!


I am loving this kit so far! I can't wait to dig back in and keep on playing! Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out our crop! There's still time to play along. You can find all of the details HERE.

Looks like there's only ONE kit left in stock! Just click HERE if you want to make it yours! Don't miss out!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. so pretty! love the card and that layout is awesome! great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend! Oh how I miss you!
    Your card is just lovely and your layout is just pumped up retro. Fantastic projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!