Friday, July 2, 2010

Ode to SNR!

Welcome to the friends of Scrapbook News and Review!
I am so honored to be a part of the special staff that is SNR! If you haven't had a chance to check out the monthly online magazine, I would really encourage you to do so! There are articles, tutorials, sketches and TONS of inspiration in every single issue! You can check out how the subscriptions work HERE. For only $4.99 a month, you get access to all of the layouts, cards, ATC's, Mixed Media and more in each issue! You won't find a deal like this on any newsstands!

And, YOU can be published in SNR, too! All you have to do is check out the montly calls and submit your work. Just go to the SNR Home Page and click on the tab that says "Calls" for the most up to date calls and the submission forms!

Don't forget to visit the SNR Forums, as well! There are amazing, inspiring discussions happening every day!

I want to share with you some of my work that was published in the May issue!

Eggtastic was for the "Clean & Simple" Style Spotlight Call. It's based on a sketch by Pamela Young and features my kiddos having a great time doing their egg hung on Easter morning.

Gettin' Hosed was for the "Funny Family Photos" call. Most people immediately thought of the non-furry members of their family doing funny things, but we have a furry member of our family that keeps us laughing all the time- especially when he plays with the hose! There is hidden journaling under the photo (just pull on the tab) that tells the story of Fergus playing with the hose and even occasionally spraying US with it!

Dance was for one of the sketch calls for May. It was a gorgeous sketch! I love the way SNR does their sketches- you get to see the sketch and then several different takes on it- different styles, adding photos, rotating the sketch, changing the balance and weight, and even using it for cards, altered projects and ATC's!

Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog! I hope that you will become a follower and visit often! To celebrate the FUN of this SNR event on my blog, I would love to give away a RAK! Please leave a comment here and I will choose a winner on Wednesday, July 7th! Be sure to come back to see if you won!
Have a wonderful day!

24 comments:

  1. Nicole, those are amazing layouts... I'm so happy that you were published in SNR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those layouts are beautiful! I enjoyed reading your blog. I am a follower now and subscribe to your newsletter!
    kweight@byu.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts. I especially like the dance page. Something about that red, white and black just calls to me. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects, I love the totally eggtastic layout..simply stunning!
    hugs, heaney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects Nicole! Love your clean and beautiful style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great layouts! I so need to get back into scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love red and black so naturally LOVED your dance page - extremely nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your Lo's are fantastic! I especially love the dance LO and I'm definately going to scraplift the getting hosed one as I love to use lots of photo's on my LO's. Thanks for all the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layouts! Each one has special features that I think I could use on my pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Nicole! congrats on being a part of a fabulous team at SNR! i haven't been following it long, but i'm quite hooked!

    these pages are fantastic - the one they featured, "Dance", is just so pretty (and i assume that's your daughter? LOVE her gorgeous red hair!), but i LOVE "gettin' hosed"! that's too cute! pooch looks like quite the ham!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I discovered your blog through SNR! I need good ideas for my scrap book and your style is perfect for me. I'm following you for sure! Thanks for the inspiration, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great LO's. I already am a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way your photos stand out front and center in your layouts. Your hosed layout made me giggle. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness i LOVE your layouts!!!!!! especially the dance page ~ AWESOME!! and fergus?? what an awesome furry friend... we've got 3 but none will play in the water like he does =) what fun he must be!
    thanks for the opportunity ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layouts are very beautiful. So creative. Love the way you work with the layers. On each page we can "feel" the joy that was present when the picture was taken. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great layouts, Nicole!! Thanks for all the info about SNR, I really need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog post is wonderful and so are your layouts, Nicole!! Hope you're having a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your clean and simple layout style, and I plan to stop by often to check our your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great LOs! Really like all the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY Nik. I found you again. (yes i lost you when i redid my puter...lol) Congrats on getting pubbed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love all the creations...you rock my friend

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nik - These are some of my favorite LOs of yours!! I {heart} your style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fabulous layouts.. amazing style and colour combinations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!