Thursday, January 12, 2012

My first Momenta Post!!

Hi, everyone!  I'm so excited to be sharing my first projects for the Momenta Design Team! I'm even more excited that I got to play with goodies from Glue Arts, too!   This week we are doing a fabulous cross promotion with Glue Arts so you should check out the Momenta Blog for a chance to with some Glue Arts goodies!!
Both of my cards today use the super fun Kaleidoscope collection! I love the colors and designs in this line and can't wait to play more with it! For my first card, I punched 27 hearts and then stitched them together in stacks of three. The thick cardstock made each set of hearts quite heavy. So I was worried about using a tape runner for fear they would fall off the card. As soon as I put them on the card using the Glue Glider Pro, I knew they weren't going anywhere! The bond was instant and strong! I made this card several days ago and they are still just as strong as when I first adhered them. I've used a lot of tape runners, and I can tell you that this would not be the case for many of them!


For my next card, I tried a technique that I had tried before, but using the glue arts vellum adhesive, it was a whole different ballgame! This adhesive comes in a sheet and is intended for use with vellum and acrylic as it "disappears" when used so that it isn't seen through the clear embellishments. I wanted to use it for this because I would be able to cover the entire surface with adhesive easitly and it worked like a charm! I peeled it from it's backing, rubbed it onto the card's surface and then removed the protective covering to reveal the sticky surface (much like you would do with a rub-on). I then proceeded to adhere my 1/4" strips of paper in a batik design. Then, I used the U-Cut it 3-D Foam Adhesive to attach the card front to the base. The foam is nice and thick to give it lots of dimension!
I hope you've enjoyed my cards today! I know that I've really enjoyed playing with them!!

Glue Arts Products Used:
Vellum Adhesive

Momenta Prodcuts Used:
ST-4833 Kaleidoscope Sticker Kit
PK-2361 Kaleidoscope 12X12 Scrapbook Pad

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!