Thursday, February 23, 2012

A little of this and a little of that....

Hi there, everyone!  I'm so happy to share that I am once again designing for Wholly Scrap in North Hampton, NH!  It's such a fun little scrappy store, I just wish they were closer (although my husband is proably glad they aren't!)  One of the things that's fun (and also challenging) about designing for Wholly Scrap is that they give me a bunch of different things to design with-- things I may not have chosen for myself.  My head spun with this month's goodies, but I am really happy with the layouts that I made!

First up, some Karen Foster!  This is actually "baby boy" paper.  Sadly, I lost my entire hard drive when my son was about a year old and lost every single photo of my kids that had been taken up to that point.  So, I don't have many baby picutres available to me for scrapping.  But, what I did have was photos of our trip to the Camden Children's Garden in Camden, NJ!  The kids favorite part was the Dinosaur Garden!


Up next is some paper from Cosmo Cricket!  I LOVED this line when it came out and was happy to be able to use it.  I also used some inpsiration from a PageMaps sketch!


Robin's Nest is a manufacturer best known for their fun little "Dew Drops" that come in a zillion colors.  Many people don't realize that they make papers, too!  This one was gorgeous with a fabulous texture and lots of great glitter accents.  It was so pretty that I didn't want to do a lot to it.


And, finally a page with Momenta Paper!  I was given the "Bicycle" paper to design with.  I am often intimidated by papers that are made to look like a scene.  But the key is to not be afraid to cut the paper up and use the parts that work best for you.  So, I cut the bottom portion off and added it to a piece of blue cardstock to create a great blue sky background.  Then, I added a nice, bright sun and some clouds.  Then I just needed a few photos, a title and some journaling!


One of my favorite parts of this layout (besides my son's handsome face) is the ribbon!  I cut it into a fringe so that it would curve with the line of the paper and give the illusion of grass!  Isn't it cute?!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you were inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layouts Nicole!! I love all the attention to details you give all your layouts. The ribbon on the last layout is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nik, you have been a busy, busy girl. I love that your layouts are so full of personality. The dino layout is just perfectly complementary to your photos, it is my fave of this collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!