Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time for Peace!

When my daughter turned 8, we re-decorated her room for her birthday. She picked out the paint, the bedding, everything-- and she did a GREAT job! We are still picking away at little decor items to make the room "perfect" and today, we added the latest item.... A CLOCK! I purchased a clock kit at a craft store last summer and was waiting for just the right scrappy stuff to come along to make it. If you wait... it will come! This time it came in the form of Momenta's Free to Be Me collection! My daugther is obsessed with anything that has a peace sign on it, so this collection is perfect for her!

Believe it or not, this clock came together in just about 45 minutes! First, I painted the edges of the wooden circle with black paint, to give it a finished look. While that dried, I colored the clock hands with a black sharpie. They were gold, but I thought black would look better. Then, I traced and cut the circle of paper from the Premium Paper Pad. Then, using Mod-Podge I put the circle onto the wooden circle and then put another layer of Mod-Podge on the top. I did a pretty thin layer, so it dried pretty quick. Then, I added the stickers, the black dot around the edge and put the clock hands in. Finally I just put a batter in the back, a nail in the wall and there you have it-- a cute clock and a happy little girl!
Here it is from a different angle. The puffy stickers give it some fun dimension (and sparkle!) and there's still plenty of room for the clock hands to move around.
I used to shy away from making altered projects, but when I find one that has a great use (and makes my daughter so happy) I can't help but go for it!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired!
 
~Nicole
 
Momenta Products Used:
PA-2263: Free to be Me Premium Paper Pad
ST-3190: BW Med Dot Puffy Alpha
ST-4740: Free to Be Me Puffy Icon

3 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!