Saturday, August 18, 2012

Let's Hang Out...with Gizmo!

**If you are here for the Momenta & Clearsnap Blog Hop, please scroll down to the next post.  Thank you for stopping by!**


Today is my final August reveal with the Birds of a Feather August kit and I've saved my favorite project for last! Not only is the paper beautiful, but the embellishments are wonderful, too! I loved the little clothes hangers but wasn't sure what to do with them. Then, I remembered this tutorial for origami dresses and I knew just what to do!

I had to use a bone folder to really crease the paper at each fold because the paper is so wonderfully thick. I used my computer and printed the sentiment directly on the kraft paper.


And for my last layout, I took some photos of my parent's sad, sad yorkie, Gizmo. He seemed so broken hearted that my mother had "abandoned" him at our house. He stared so sadly out the window from the back of the couch that I had to take some photos!
I used the packaging for the alphas that are in the kit for the green background behind the photos.


Here's a closeup where you can see where I popped up several of the hearts with foam tape.



I have SO loved working with this kit! The colors and patterns were right up my alley and it's been a blast to play and share with you this month. Just wait to see what Amy has in store for you next month!! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!! I love those cute little dresses! I'm going to have to make some for Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!