Thursday, August 2, 2012

More August Kit Fabulous-Ness!

I have a confession to make...
Before I got my August Kit from Birds of a Feather, I had never tried Washi tape! I know, I know... I'm the last scrapper on the planet to try it. But, it's safe to say that I'm officially hooked!

I loved the tape that looks like a ruler! It will be great to use on school pages and lots of great projects to come. But, I wanted to try it on a card! Here's what I came up with- a masculine birthday card! It's simple, but fun!

And, no month will be complete without at least one project that revolves around my sweet (and slightly naughty) Duffy. The photo was taken on his 1st birthday, May 14th.

I loved cutting out the little journaling pieces from one of the papers and using them not only for the journaling, but for the subtitle where I put two of them together! The banner flags are made from the leftover pieces where I cut the journaling pieces.

Aren't the little journaling spots cute?

And, I love the colors and patterns in the scrap pieces left over after cutting out the journaling pieces! They were perfect to make the flags from!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to come back and visit for more yummy projects from the scrap chicks!
~Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, this is a wonderful set of projects. I too amd woring may way through a new mountain of washi! I love your !card and the colours are so..cool! I love the design about the Duffster! He is a such a cutie and the large circle is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!