Sunday, September 8, 2013

Embossing Glitter!

Here's a technique I shared on the BOAF blog last week.  That's RIGHT!  I was invited back to the DT there and I'm SO excited!!

Hey there, everyone! My first official post as a scrap chick this term is a fun and easy technique to incorporate glitter into your cards! One of the things I hate about using glitter on a card is the fact that it comes off. It's pretty to look at, but by the time it's packaged up, mailed and recieved the glitter is smooshed all over the card... or it's gone! Well, today your glitter troubles are over! The solution? Embossing!

First, mix your glitter with CLEAR embossing powder. You have your ratio right when the color of the glitter seems slightly lighter.

Now, stamp your image, or in this case your card sentiment, on to your cardstock using embossing ink.


Cover the stamped image in your glitter/embossing powder mixture and tap off the excess.


Now, simply heat with your embossing/heat gun until the embossing powder. You will notice that the glitter becomes slightly more shiny when it is set. The difference is very subtle, so watch it carefully so you don't burn it.


 Now, just finish your card as you would with a "normal" stamped image or sentiment!



I love the idea of using this technique with red or gold glitter for a Christmas card! I can't wait to try it! I just couldn't bring myself to make a Christmas card in August!

Thank so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the project and are inspired to try one for yourself! Be sure to check out the Echo Park Hello Summer collection that I used for this card in the BOAF Boutique!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love your card! I am sharing this technique at My Scraps & More with the link to your blog, Nik. Hope you and the family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Nik. The glitter is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!