Monday, September 16, 2013

September Kit Sweetness!

Here is my post that is on the Birds of a Feather Blog today!

The September kit is SO worth the wait! The colors, the patterns, the embellishments-- everything-- is so fantastically put together! I love that I use things I wouldn't normally choose for myself!

Today I have two projects to share with you!! First a layout. Not just any layout-- a back to school layout! I really enjoyed cutting into the gorgeous papers and using the fun embellishments like the stitched elements in the top right hand corner and the die-cut arrow from the kit extras!

Here's a closeup of the tite. I used some chiboard from my stash that I colored with a Copic Marker. Then I added some alphas that I had kicking around and a heart from the package of super fun wood embellishments from the kit extras.

The kit has some beautiful flowers that have lots of great ways to layer them together. For my flower center, I used the flower from the one of the clips in the kit. I think it worked perfectly together!

I also made a card that is made mostly from the paper in the kit extras. I couldn't resist this amazingly gorgeous Authentique patterned paper and the die-cut was perfect for stamping on my sentiment. The bow was made using oval dies! Maybe I'll have to share a tutorial on how to do it!

I hope that you enjoyed my projets today. If you don't have your September kit yet, DON'T WAIT! There's only a few left in the store! If you have your kit, but not the extras yet be sure to check them out HERE. They are so much fun!

Be sure to check the BOAF Blog often to see more reveals using this fantastic kit from our uber talented design team

1 comment:

  1. Be"you"tiful LO, Nicole! Love the colors and design. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!