Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Make a Wish

Here's a project that I shared on the AWDML Blog last week!

Happy Scrappy Wednesday, everyone!! And, Happy Birthday to A Walk Down Memory Lane!!
To celebrate this fantasic milestone with AWDML, I have a fun and simple birthday layout to share with you today! To a child, there's nothing like blowing out the candles on your cake and making a wish every year! Today's layout features my son at his birthday last year. His next birthday is in just TWO days! I did a few fun things with this one... take a look!

 
In my title, I mixed up the alphas, which I LOVE to do, but I also added a candle in place of the "I". To make the candle, I simply rolled a strip of paper about 4" long into a tube with a small bit of embroidery thread inside for a wick. Then, just a bit of cardstock cut with a circle cutter for a flame! Isn't it super cute?! You can also see some of the Maya Mists paint splatters-- They remind me of confetti!
 
 
And, I also used a Project Life journaling card for my sub-title! The PL Cards are perfect for this type of use! They are so easy to alter and quick to put together!
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by to celebrate with us! And, here's to MANY more wonderful years for AWDML! Congratulations, Lisa!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!