Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Super Easy Oval Bows

Here's my post that I shared today on the Birds of a Feather Kit Club Blog!

First of all, I just need to tell you how amazing the October Kit is! Every kit is my favorite... until the next one comes out! The papers, the embellishments, the alphas, the extras.... everything! **sigh** It's just amazing!

A few weeks ago, I shared a card with a super easy bow and had a few people ask me to share how to make it. Well.... here it is! It's so easy! Not only are these bows great for cards, but I can see them used on layouts, gifts and even wreaths!

First cut four ovals-- two slightly smaller than the others. I used my oval die set, but you can always make a template with your word processing program, or cut them on your die cutting machine. The bigger the ovals, the bigger your bow will be.


Now, using a strong adhesive, bend (don't fold) the larger ovals in half and stick the ends together. I used some super sticky glue squares, but hot glue would also work. You could use wet glue if you're more patient than I am.

Now, cut matching notches in the ends of the two smaller ovals.
 
 


Stick your two folded ovals together and wrap a coordinating paper around them.

Next, simply add your two smaller oval to the back side of your bow and that's IT!!

You can leave it as is, or add a jewel like I did!

Now, add your bow to your project and enjoy!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today and that you'll try it on an upcoming project! And, of course, don't forget to check out the October Kit! The word GORGEOUS doesn't even come close....

Have a great day, everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I have always wondered how they made those, TFS! Great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Just loving the bows. Will have to try them out,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!