Saturday, November 2, 2013

November Kit from Birds of a Feather!

Here's my reveal that was just shared on the BOAF Blog!

I know, I know... I say it with every kit, but really-- it's TRUE!! The colors, textures and patterns are just gorgeous! Amy has such a fantastic sense of how to put together the papers and embellishments!

When I first looked at the kit, I thought it was pretty feminine and started thinking of photos of my daughter that I could use. But, then I decided to challenge myself to make a masculine layout. I took a cute photo of my son in the leaves just yesterday. Since he was wearing a bright green shirt, I flipped it to black and white so that it would work with the colors.



The background paper, the banner pieces, the date stamp, the glittery stickers and the word "ten" (cut from a 12X12 sheet) are all from the November Extras. Amy has fantastic kits but incredible add-ons as well. I can never resist getting all of them!

I knew that I wanted to add a pop of color in there and by layering two banner pieces together, I was able to get the pop of color I wanted as well as some fun dimension. You can also see the fun date stamp here!


I had fun creating the title, but I also used the journaling spots from the kit to make a scalloped border along the top of the page for some added interest. Each journal spot is actually a small stack of papers that you peel off one at a time! So, I just cut a few in half and slid them under the paper. I also cut the star out of one of the patterned papers and adhered it with foam tape.


I also made a simple card to share with you today! The "HELLO" was cut from one of the patterned papers with the kit. I added some fun black bling from my stash to make it a little more flashy. I love the way the black and pink really pop!


I hope you enjoyed my reveal today and that you'll be sure to check out the November 2013 BOAF Kit AND all of the Extras! You will not regret it... ever! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card, but I am REALLY loving that layout of Colby. Awesome design and great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!