Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Snowman Popcorn Gift

Hey, Everyone!  Here's my post from last week on the AWDML Blog!

Happy Scrappy Wednesday, everyone! Just popping in (hahaha!) to share a fun (and easy!) gift that would be great for teachers, office staff, neighbors or even party favors at your holiday shin-dig! A Snowman Popcorn Wrap! That's right-- I simply created a snowman that wraps around a bag of microwave popcorn!

I started with some white cardstock that was approximately 6" X 12". Depending on the brand and size of popcorn you use, yours may need to be taller or shorter. Then, I simply put the package of popcorn in the middle and folded my paper around it and ahdered it in the back to create a sleeve. Then, I slid the popcorn out while I made his face.

The scarf is simply paper with a fringe cut from scissors with some added twine and a heart. The face is made from a carrot cut from a scrap of orange cardstock, some red ink sponged on and a black pen. I stamped a simple, general sentiment on there, as well. You could add buttons instead of a sentiment, if you wanted!

Here's my little guy:

Isn't he SO cute?!?! There's lots of fun ways you could change this up and maybe even use it for something besides popcorn. I think this would make a great card front!

I hope you enjoyed my project today and that you are inspired to make one of your own! Thanks for stopping by today!

Be sure to check out A Walk Down Memory Lane for all of the products used to make this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!