Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Altered Friends Frame

Hey, everyone-- this is the post that's shared on the Momenta Blog today! I'm excited to share this fun frame with you!
I started with a simple $1.00 wooden frame and painted it black. Then, I punched LOTS of circles out of some bright pink cardstock. Often, I would only punch a half or partial circle so that they would go on the edge of my frame and I wouldn't have to worry about trimmimg them later. I glued them on to my frame to create the fun polkadot look. Then, I went a little crazy and covered the WHOLE thing in glossy accents to give it an epoxy look. It took about a day and a half to dry (torture for those of us who are impatient!), but I LOVE the results!
I'll admit, my work wasn't perfect. There were some bubbles in the finish, but that was easily fixed with some blingy stickers! And, I also added the large title sticker. I put all of the stickers on while the glossy accents was still soft and tacky to make sure that they stayed put for a good long time!
The last thing added was the photo of these two goofy girls that they took of themselves!


The large sticker is puffy with some bling already on it! It's perfect for this project, but will also be perfect as a title on a layout!


My daughter just LOVES this frame and can't wait to display it proudly in her room. Now, I'll probably have to make another one for her friend!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the project!

Momenta Products Used:
ST-3504: Mini Bubbles & Bling Stickers/Earthtones
PA-2375: Embossed Cardstock Pad/Brights
ST-1767: Serendipity Puffy Message Sticker/Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!